I need to save the gltf on the server and I would like to discuss how could this be achieved.
- Client is loading a GLTF file. It is a large scene. Like 100-200MB in a glb file and 3GB when loaded.
- Client changes one property of the scene. Like a name of a node.
- Client selects save.
We must save the scene on the server so when the users refresh the browser they see the new scene.
I could think of several options
- Exporting the scene again and sending it to the server - this is will take a lot of time as the file is large.
- Sending only the metadata to the server. For this scene the metadata of the gltf is about 300K and all the geometries are in .bin files. So technically if I could export only the gltf “metadata” and leave the .bin as they are on the same locations.
- Run a node server on the server, load the scene on both places and just execute the “rename” on both places.
- Something else…?
How could this problem be approached?