Assets store similar to unity

well. not sure this will ever happen but we have some free models here:

2 Likes

That’s pretty great.

1 Like

Just curious, what would it take for that to happen? Would you need help from developers to make the site, artists to make resources, etc?

It will not come from me as this is not something I have time to support :slight_smile:

The store model seems dubious but a ranked repository

1 Like

I’m curious about this. I notice on the link that @Deltakosh gave that files are limited to:

Accepted formats: .babylon .gltf .glb .stl .obj

I’ve been thinking of a building kit that contained a number of different meshes for building something like a town in a .blend file format. The building of the town, to your own preferences, could then take place in Blender. But no .blend files (or 3Dmax or Maya) allowed.

Just a thought .

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

I was thinking particle behaviors would be a nice resource as well.

The provided emitters are pretty cool obv.

Before I start writing my own version of these Unity libraries to port TheWorldSim.org from Unity to BablyonJS I wanted to check no one has already started a repo / collection of repos of “common” BablyonJS assets we can all share / contribute back to?

Thank you,
AJP

2 Likes

Hi @ajp, not just yet, but it’s interesting timing, because I’m in the advanced stages of making something like that actually. It’s a package manager / asset repository just for Babylon.js, hope to share more soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great!! :smiley:

Will you post back here with an update once the first version is ready for use or should I subscribe somewhere else?

Thank you @Gijs
ajp

2 Likes

@ajp I’ll post back here for sure

1 Like

I had made a site like that on the previous forum. But I closed it because of people it was complaint that the site was not in https. :frowning_face:

I remain convinced that it is something that could be very useful to have a resource site for Babylon. Some could share objects for free, others to sale… :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you still got some of the assets and can get in contact with the original creators? I imagine it would be nice to start the new initiative with a larger number of assets already ready to go :slightly_smiling_face:

Isn’t that the point of this repo ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, I have some assets left. And I was the original creator of the site. But I have closed it to avoid complaints of non https.

But if someone recreate a site, I would probably share some assets there.

1 Like

That one says it’s archived but it does point to GitHub - BabylonJS/Assets: A place for public domain digital assets to use.
I’ll add an issue to clarify if they’re open to adding a lot more projects, including composite assets.

I answered on the issue.

In a nutshell, this is the repo for babylonjs website or playgrounds only

1 Like

That being said, I’ll be more than happy to support a bjs store if someone is game to create one.

By supporting I mean:

• create a page for it in the doc
  • link from the homepage
  • social network
3 Likes

Hi @ajp, it’s live :smiley::

1 Like

what about documenting it in the official doc? This is rad!

2 Likes