Babylon.js 3D Wordpress Plugin

Hi labris,
this still doesnt work. i still get the message ‘error loading the model’. Same es with all other 3D assets i tried, remote or local.

Best regards,

Just tested at Wordpress 5.5.3 and it works.
Seems that the reason in some parameters in your Wordpress installation, or some other incorrectnesses. It is difficult to help without the link to the real problem.

Hello I have embed shortcode Babylon in wordpress with .babylon extension but its not loading and in console shows error that its loading from http://mydomain/product/https:/assets.babylonjs.com/environments/environmentSpecular.env
which gives 404 error

Hello Alexander!
Could you give a link to your site? The link you have provided will always give 404 error.
The plugin itself is so simple that (at least until now) all errors were due to its incorrect use or some Wordpress settings.
Could you try, for example, this shortcode:
[babylon]https://playground.babylonjs.com/scenes/BrainStem/BrainStem.gltf[/babylon]
in Wordpress post or page, in the Shortcode Block, and tell about results?
If you don’t want to write all info here you can PM me with no problem.
Spasibo :slight_smile:

Just to sum up our PM: all problems were connected not with the plugin, but with 1) DNS names resolving and 2) Broken Wordpress template.
After fixing plugin works again.

Hello Andrei,
Here is the link for the website:

.gltf format is loading fine. But issue with .babylon.

Here is the shortcode which I used, inside the product description

Spacibo :slight_smile:

Do you have issues with all .babylon files or just with this one?
Could you tell if the shortcode below is working?

[babylon]https://playground.babylonjs.com/scenes/skull.babylon[/babylon]
[/quote]

Meanwhile, here it is (in glb format, 44 Mb against 72 Mb).
Just put your .babylon file to Sandbox and save as .GLB

As I see, the problem could be related to your .babylon file. I’ll do some checks tomorrow and hopefully will make some conclusion.

I have tried 2 .babylon files and they are not working. You 3D skull is working nice.

OK. So it seems like a babylon bug. I’ll create separate topic about it since the problem is not with the plugin.
One more question: How do you prepare .babylon files - in Editor?
Meanwhile I would recommend as the solution to convert your .babylon files to .glb through Sandbox; they also will be almost twice as compact by size then.

Ok, thanks, I have a person who create that model, so I have no idea what is the process of creation.
I have uploaded the same .babylon file on sandbox and its displaying great.

As far as I understand, your .babylon file wants to load the environment texture from the wrong path. That is why we have this error:

Ok, and how to fix it?

As I already wrote, the simplest way to put your .babylon files into Sandbox and save them as .glb.

Another, more complicated (but maybe needed) way is to ask the person who created 3D files to export them to .glb instead of .babylon.

#### Version 0.31 Changelog
Automatic Babylon Viewer script loading only when babylon shortcode or tag exist in post content.

Privet Andrei,
Question about Babylon’s, In preview sandbox I was not able to go inside the model, but I have embed shortcode in Wordpress website and able to go inside the model when zoom in.
Also background on model is different

Thanks,
ALEX D.

The shortcode uses the default configuration of the Viewer (gray background with navbar). If you use minimal configuration, you may define camera position, camera limits etc for your model.
There is different skybox at Sandbox by default but you can choose studio environment at the right bottom menu. If you want to use your environment file with Viewer you need to define in in DOM (or with other ways) as it is described in the Docs - Configuring the Babylon.js Viewer | Babylon.js Documentation

1 Like

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Meanwhile, if you cannot remove .hdr texture from .babylon file, just put your .babylon files into Sandbox and save them as .glb.

Please view my error here. It seems there is something going on: Error Loading the Model

Hello,
a little bit new in the babylon wordpress plugin. I ’ ve some issues . I’am looking for a solution for changing the skybox of my model that’s is saved inside a sandbox.babylonjs.com i ve still a default viewer.
i guess we should change with the < skybox > < /skybox> but it means that i need to reconfigure all the viewer in this case with tags < > . I know there’s a documentation here for customizing what we want Configuring the Babylon.js Viewer | Babylon.js Documentation but a little bit hard for me to put into pratice, espacially for the skybox
but i don’t get well how to manage well that extension and properties and also how to manipulate skybox with < skybox ></ skybox > frames.
In fact i want to put the skybox of the sandbox.babylonjs.com inside my .glb saved. but with the plugin wordpress we have only a black / white neutral background, really need to see reflected colors inside my objects.
thank you