Babylon Viewer 3D Wordpress Plugin - Version 0.3 Major Update

Thanks for your help!
One year after initial release I am glad to introduce the version 0.3 of

Babylon Viewer 3D Wordpress Plugin

Display 3D models and 3D scenes with the help of shortcode [babylon]URL-OF-3D-FILE[/babylon] to use the 3D Viewer in Wordpress posts and pages, Woocommerce products, Elementor blocks etc.

Supports GLTF, GLB, STL, OBJ+MTL and BABYLON files upload and demonstration.

Babylon Viewer 3D Wordpress Plugin automatically provides a default viewing experience for 3D models. All aspects of this experience are configurable. See Configuring Babylon.js Viewer for more information on customizing the viewing experience.

If you need more control, you may use <babylon></babylon> tag in any Wordpress HTML block and configure all needed parameters (light, camera position, camera behaviour, rotating etc).

Shortcode: [babylon]URL-OF-3D-FILE[/babylon]. Supports external URLs.

Demo: Babylon.js 3D WordPress Plugin – 3D is the Future of the Web

Installation and Usage

1. Standard WordPress plugin installation: go to Plugins → Add New – upload .zip file.
    If you use older version of this plugin, first deactivate it and delete. Plugin doesn’t contain any user data.
  2. Activate the plugin.
  3. Upload 3D file in GLTF, GLB, STL, OBJ+MTL or BABYLON format. If you upload OBJ file, make sure to upload corresponding MTL file too.
    Or use external URL - link to the 3D file.
  4. Publish in WordPress posts and pages, Woocommerce products, Elementor blocks etc with the help of shortcode:
    [babylon]Url-Of-3D-File[/babylon]
    Make sure there are no spaces between URL and shortcode brackets[babylon]URL[/babylon].
    Video: Easy Demonstration of 3D Models - Babylon.js Wordpress Plugin - YouTube
  5. Another option is to publish 3D files with the standard WordPress HTML block and have more ways to configure Babylon Viewer. You may adjust all needed parameters (light, camera position, camera behaviour, rotating etc), create our own Viewer template, change logo and link at navigation bar etc.

Example

Just put it into standard Wordpress HTML Gutenberg block and publish (result is here - Cornell Box on White Background – Babylon.js 3D WordPress Plugin):

<babylon extends="minimal">
              <!-- Ground that receives shadows -->
              <ground receive-shadows="true"></ground>
              <!-- Default skybox
             <skybox></skybox>
             -->
                     <model url="https://models.babylonjs.com/CornellBox/cornellBox.glb">
                    </model>
              <!-- enable antialiasing -->
              <engine antialiasing="true"></engine>
              <!-- camera configuration -->
              <camera>
                <!-- add camera behaviors -->
                <behaviors>
                  <!-- enable default auto-rotate behavior -->
                  <auto-rotate type="0"></auto-rotate>
                  <!-- enable and configure the framing behavior -->
                  <framing type="2" zoom-on-bounding-info="true" zoom-stops-animation="false"></framing>
                  <!-- enable default bouncing behavior -->
                  <bouncing type="1"></bouncing>
                </behaviors>
              <position x="3" y="3" z="3"></position>
              </camera>
              <scene>
                <clear-color r="1" g="1" b="1"></clear-color>
              </scene>
            </babylon>

Read more about Babylon Viewer settings at https://doc.babylonjs.com/extensions/configuring_the_viewer

Video Demonstration: Easy Demonstration of 3D Models - Babylon.js Wordpress Plugin - YouTube

Wordpress Demo: Babylon.js 3D WordPress Plugin – 3D is the Future of the Web

Changelog

Version 0.3 - Major update!

Plugin name changed to Babylon Viewer 3D Wordpress Plugin - to distinguish it from Babylon JS 3D Wordpress Plugin which is going to be published soon.

Plugin code is completely rewritten for better standards and compatibility in future.

Corrected: MIME file formats:

$mimes['gltf'] = 'model/gltf+json';
                $mimes['glb'] = 'model/gltf-binary';
                $mimes['obj'] = 'model/obj';
                $mimes['mtl'] = 'model/mtl';
                $mimes['stl'] = 'model/stl';
                $mimes['babylon'] = 'model/babylon+json';

Download from GitHub - GitHub - eldinor/babylon-wordpress-plugin: Display 3D models and 3D scenes with the help of shortcode [babylon]URL-OF-3D-FILE[/babylon] to use the 3D Viewer in Wordpress posts and pages, Woocommerce products, Elementor blocks etc. Supports GLTF, GLB, STL, OBJ+MTL and BABYLON files upload and demonstration.

5 Likes

YEAH!!! thanks a lot for your work!

1 Like

I hope I will we able to create new section “Babylon CMS Integration” in How-To docs.

3 Likes

Added to the Documentation - Babylon.js Wordpress Integration | Babylon.js Documentation

#### Version 0.31 Changelog
Automatic Babylon Viewer script loading only when babylon shortcode or tag exist in post content.

Successfully tested with Wordpress 5.9.

Viewer link it’s broken. New one is https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/babylonViewer/configuringViewer

Successfully tested with Wordpress 6.2.2.

@labris I am creating a web site for my friend and he wants to display some of his products in 3D so I downloaded the BabylonJS Wodpress plugin and I’ve just found out that you are the author :slight_smile:

Thanks buddy!

:vulcan_salute: