Babylon Js 8thwall image target

Hello, all I’m trying to get an image target project working with Babylon js. but there seem to be no supporting documents for it,
8TH wall people are no help.
Anyone knows how to get a Babylon js image target project working on the 8th wall.

Hello and welcome to the Babylon community!
I’m not familiar with 8th wall, can you tell us more about it? Is it a project that uses Babylon?

Hi thank you for your reply, I’m trying to make an AR image target project similar to this three.js: Image Targets Flyer | 8th Wall | 8th Wall but with babylon js.
three js is very jittery so I tried to implement Babylon js image target on the 8th wall without sucess, people at the 8th wall are not experienced enough to help.

Hi NOBU,

WebXR supports image tracking, and chrome on mobile supports it fully.

There is an example in the PR submitted - [XR] AR image tracking feature by RaananW · Pull Request #9512 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

This requires you to provide the image(s) tracked. Afterwards you can do whatever you want with it.

I am not sure about 8th wall integration so I won’t be able to help a lot without a working (or not-working) example, at least with the API connection to 8th wall.

Ok, thank you for your help.

@thomlucc and @PirateJC might have been in contact with them in the past. would be great if you could ping them ???

Hi @NOBU - You can find an example of image tracking here: https://playground.babylonjs.com/#NPWMNR#107 (you have a video of the result in this tweet: https://twitter.com/thomlucc/status/13852978226483896). Let me know if this unblock you.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for your reply, I was having a different issue involving the 8th wall sit.
This site hosts the project on their sites and from there using different libraries, one of the recently added libraries is Babylon js which has no proper documentation on how to link the Babylon js image project to their

web the way they do this with three js.
you see in the image how its done with threejs and its works but when you use the same technique with Babylon js thees no connection to their site

I am not sure to understand this part ? what error do you see ?

hi, I can’t connect the Babylon js image project to the 8th wall site same way as three js and A-Frame by using the image target pipeline module

We did understand this part :blush:
Our problem is that we have no idea what went wrong without a reproduction. We don’t know the 8th wall API, and don’t know what goes wrong in your app. It’s very hard (Or rather impossible) to tell you what went wrong without actually seeing an example.

Can you provide an example? A project that doesn’t work but should? All they way down to the integration with Babylon?
A three.js project won’t help as well, as we don’t know three as much as we know Babylon.

3 Likes

Hello @NOBU just checking in, are you still having issues? If so, can you follow Raanan’s instructions and provide us with a reproduction so that we can look into it?

Hello, no, they decided to use three js to save time, but the people at 8th wall have added more projects using Babylon js so it’s looking more promising for future AR projects using the 8th wall system.

2 Likes