BabylonJS in ReactNative

pinging @bghgary who is the lead of that project

We don’t have any specific timelines for this right now. We are currently targeting to have full support for loading of glTF assets on Windows platforms by the end of this month. We are also working on other platforms and those will be coming as well, but there are no specific dates at the moment.

3 Likes

Reviving this thread with a general update around Babylon in React Native… a lot of work has been done this year to continue to build out Babylon Native and particularly integration with React Native. This includes running Babylon.js directly in the React Native JavaScript context, native rendering, and XR support backed by ARCore and ARKit. The React Native specific code can be found here: GitHub - BabylonJS/BabylonReactNative: Build React Native applications with the power of Babylon Native, and a very early NPM package (Android only) can be found here: @babylonjs/react-native - npm. Work is still under way on all this, but I thought it would be worth sharing an update.
BN+RN-Android-iOS

8 Likes

This is amazing @ryantrem !!!

1 Like

@MarianG Could you please update the more recent version of the expo on Babylonjs?
Now it’s not working anymore :frowning:

It says

Can't find variable: document

:frowning:

@Vr_Tech ok, I’ll do.

@Vr_Tech I updated the repo, it should be fine now.

Meanwhile you can check this repo as well

2 Likes