BJS console warnings when using clearGizmoOnEmptyPointerEvent

When setting clearGizmoOnEmptyPointerEvent to true warnings get logged in the console whenever I click in the empty space:

• BJS - [10:22:58]: Using the attachedNode attribute in BoundingBoxGizmo is not supported. Please use attachedMesh instead.

I think that this warning also gets logged when setting boundingBoxGizmoEnabled to true via gizmoManager as at that moment attachedMesh is also null.

I believe this is caused by this Add warning to Bounding Box Gizmo by carolhmj · Pull Request #12551 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub pull request, but I guess clearing gizmo on empty pointer events should be legit behaviour.

This is my playground repro:

This is a picture giving overview of the trace

The playground also shows another unrelated warning that I also see in my app, which is probably related to those clearing event listeners:
webDeviceInputSystem.ts:695 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking ‘wheel’ event. Consider marking event handler as ‘passive’ to make the page more responsive. See Passive event listeners - Chrome Platform Status

I will fix the Gizmo one ASAP. @PolygonalSun can you look at the other warning ?

1 Like

The Gizmo warning should be fixed by: Revert “Add warning to Bounding Box Gizmo (#12551)” by carolhmj · Pull Request #12679 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com), and I’ll re-ping @PolygonalSun since he was out sick

I can take a look at the other warning.

1 Like