BJS console warnings when using clearGizmoOnEmptyPointerEvent

When setting clearGizmoOnEmptyPointerEvent to true warnings get logged in the console whenever I click in the empty space:

• BJS - [10:22:58]: Using the attachedNode attribute in BoundingBoxGizmo is not supported. Please use attachedMesh instead.

I think that this warning also gets logged when setting boundingBoxGizmoEnabled to true via gizmoManager as at that moment attachedMesh is also null.

I believe this is caused by this Add warning to Bounding Box Gizmo by carolhmj · Pull Request #12551 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub pull request, but I guess clearing gizmo on empty pointer events should be legit behaviour.

This is my playground repro:

This is a picture giving overview of the trace

The playground also shows another unrelated warning that I also see in my app, which is probably related to those clearing event listeners:
webDeviceInputSystem.ts:695 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking ‘wheel’ event. Consider marking event handler as ‘passive’ to make the page more responsive. See Passive event listeners - Chrome Platform Status

I will fix the Gizmo one ASAP. @PolygonalSun can you look at the other warning ?

1 Like

The Gizmo warning should be fixed by: Revert “Add warning to Bounding Box Gizmo (#12551)” by carolhmj · Pull Request #12679 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com), and I’ll re-ping @PolygonalSun since he was out sick

I can take a look at the other warning.

1 Like

Hey @bitbybit-dev, when you see this warning:

What browser are you using when it occurs and are you able to provide some repro steps to make it appear?

Hi @PolygonalSun, thanks for looking into this. I’m seeing the warning when opening the playground of my original report on Chrome. I have Verbose logging mode enabled, so I suppose it’s not a big deal.

Looking at this trace it seems to be coming from split.es.js.

And another time from here

For the split.es.js warning, I might need to tag someone in to address that but for the second one in the webDeviceInputSystem, I found that my passive support check wasn’t working properly so I’m putting together a PR to fix it so that violation should no longer occur. I’ll update this thread when that PR is live.

PR is currently live: DeviceInputSystem: Fixed Passive Support Check to prevent Violation Warning by PolygonalSun · Pull Request #12696 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

1 Like

PR has been merged. As for the split.es.js one, would either @sebavan or @RaananW be familiar with our Playground setup and dependencies?

1 Like

We are using split.js to get the capability to move each part of the playground to whatever size we want.

I’ll check to see if there is a more recent version

2 Likes

Thanks @Deltakosh!

LOL Js warning non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking ‘touchstart’ event · Issue #177 · nathancahill/split (github.com)
Open since 2018

I’ll figure out another way :smiley:

3 Likes

@Deltakosh , anything to follow up here?

Nope.

1 Like