Blender 2.8 GLTF Exporter Normal smoothing angle

I have a gltf model which was exported from Blender 2.8.In Blender the normalsmoothing is done by an angle, wich works perfect, but when i load it into my babylon scene the whole mesh is totaly smoothed.

I tried to play arround with the export settings but everything is still 100% smooth. After that i used the ‘Add costum split normal data’ function in blender wich works, but only in the babylon sandbox.When i try it in my project i get an error in the browser:

u._preActivateForIntermediateRendering is not a function
at t.render (babylon.js:16)
at t.render (babylon.js:16)
at app.js:61 <- scene.render() is called there
at t._renderLoop (babylon.js:16)

So how cant a bring my mesh smoothing from blender into babylon via gltf?
(Sorry, i cant post the mesh becaus of nda)

Welcome to the forum !!!

Could you recreate another mesh you could share with the same issue ?

thats the problem here, whith other meshes it works as it should. i can set soft an hard edges and they look the same as in blender.

i even tried to export it as an obj file an reimported it into blender… same error.
its frustrating that it just works fine in the sandbox but throws an error in my local projekt.

Quick & Dirty solution (I hope), if you have a bug only on this mesh:

• create a cube
  • attach your object on this cube (and delete the cube faces)
  • set your autosmooth as you wanted it
  • profit?

Vinc3r was right. I used such tricks a lot in the past but since i do more animation movies than realtime stuff these days i didnt think of it.

The thing here is that this isnt a dirty trick a all, its the simplest way to reorder data arrays of a 3D model and it works across the most 3D tools.