Button recalls memory after drag and drop

When you press and drag button over Text, everything works well the first time. Then press the button again and the hidden button is memory triggered. This doesn’t happen on Desktops Windows 10 Google, but happens on Tablets and iphones.

thanks Charlie

Tried with my Android phone and didn’t get it to happen :slight_smile:

I did a
chrome://inspect on an Amazon Fire 7, Silk and Google
and didn’t see any error codes . The other device I use is IPhone 11 Google and Safari, and has this bug also.

html,
body {
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    touch-action: none;
    -webkit-touch-callout: none;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    -khtml-user-select: none;
    -moz-user-select: none;
    -ms-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
    outline: none;
    -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
}
#renderCanvas {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    touch-action: none;
}

was added but no fix.

Maybe @DarraghBurke can help us? Can this be a bug on the GUI system?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! Definitely agree that it is a bug. We should be firing pointerup on a control when you release your finger from it, even if you don’t move your finger somewhere else on the screen. We are currently not doing this.

I wil have a fix in for this tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @charliesideroad, after some further consideration we think this may require multiple changes to get events working in line with the HTML spec. We need to make sure that pointerenter is fired when the touch occurs, and pointerout is fired when the touch ends. We definitely want to do this, but we will need to do it carefully and test on multiple devices to make sure we do not break anything. Since this is a long standing bug, we are going to take our time implementing it, making sure we get the right behavior. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Is this a major blocker for you?

No, not really. I’m working on a work around…

Issue is now open here: [GUI] Make control pointerEnter/pointerOut observables behave correctly on mobile · Issue #12347 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

Do we know if this issue exists in 4.2 or if it’s only in 5.0?

It repros for me on 4.2 as well.

This seems to be working now in 5.3

1 Like

It still exhibits the broken behavior on my Samsung S10 with Chrome. I’ll keep the issue open for now