Change hardware scaling level in Babylon sandbox

Hi,

Is it possible to change Hardware scaling level in the https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/?
Due to the custom scale factor of the display the rendering looks very blurry.

Iā€™m pretty sure there is. Search for ā€œcrisp textā€ in the GUI documents, and there is a playground example of how to get crisp text and it does it via hardware scaling Iā€™m pretty sure.

Thank you for your advise, but I donā€™t need a ā€˜crisp textā€™. I need to set .hardwareScalingLevel to the particular value manually.

There is a readonly property in the sandbox. I just want it editable.

One of the possible ways is to run the Sandbox at localhost or at your own server and set a desired hardwareScalingLevel through the code (or even add a button or slider for this operation). This way this property will be editable as you need.
Docs how to build here - Start Contributing to Babylon.js | Babylon.js Documentation
Here is the example of Sandbox with TweakPane (made for some special demo purpose) - Babylon.js Sandbox - View glTF, glb, obj and babylon files

Thank you for your answer.
I just wanted to find the editable property in the https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/.
If you need to change the font size in the MS Windows, do you really want to build custom OS Windows?
BTW: Your example gives the following message: ā€œThis site canā€™t be reachedā€.

There is no such property :frowning:

This comparison is not correct :slight_smile:

It works fine for me and some other peopleā€¦

Thank you.

1 Like

@val this could be added to the inspector do you want to contribute it ?

1 Like

Thank you @sebavan for your proposal.
Actually, I have no ready to commit code to contribute it to the inspector project right now. Blurry rendering in the browser probably does not affect many users, so itā€™s not top priority at least for me. Currently Iā€™m coding glTF extra (or extension), which allows to dynamically update scene with with glTF diff/patch. But, it still has a lot of imperfections. If sometime I found itā€™s ready to be shared with others I will try to contribute it.
Moreover, I donā€™t think that contributing code to the inspector project Iā€™m not familiar with is a very good idea at all. If I have a free hour or two Iā€™m trying to contribute code to my own side project (which is free too) just to make it as solid as possible, so other people can use it without much questions.

1 Like