I’m doing research for a project I’m working on, and among many other useful resources about shaders out there, I found this one on Shadertoy. I need to be more familiar with the NME so I took this as a perfect opportunity to port the shaders to BJS using the NME.
Having some familiarity with these types of tools in the past, I was able to quickly - but not painlessly - adapt my thinking to how the NME works, and I’ve still been pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was able to put together this procedural texture (note - WIP).
Something I can’t figure out (yet) is why the texture looks great in the NME, but terrible when I apply it to a plane mesh (see here). I’ve tried fiddling with the resolution and the mesh size but there’s probably something obvious I’m missing.