Deleting a large plane from the camera

Hello. As in the example, when the length or width of the plane grows above a limit, it starts to disappear in the camera. Please help on the issue.

Create Plane | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

Hello :slight_smile:

It comes from the camera clipping. camera.minZ and camera.maxZ are default 10 and 10000
Increase them : Playground

FYI, best to increase BOTH of them. In OpenGL (which is the rendering pipeline behind BabylonJS) the precision of the Depth Buffer depends on a ratio between minZ and maxZ. To make it short : if you let a minZ very little and a maxZ very big, you will kill the depth buffer quality and end up with very strange artifacts :stuck_out_tongue:

++
Tricotou

1 Like

Example - https://playground.babylonjs.com/#LXZPJK#1724
Since you are using large plane and big values the default camera settings also should be increased.

camera.minZ = 1000
camera.maxZ = 200000
1 Like

@Tricotou , @labris
I was afraid you would give this answer too :). I applied the same solution in my own project but it didn’t work. Maybe there is a different factor. Thank you for your help.

Then it might come from another param, maybe try to share a Playground as close to your actual project as possible. For example, by any chance are you using a skybox ?

1 Like

Very clever :). As you said, it was related to skybox. Thank you for your help.

scene.createDefaultSkybox(envTexture, true, (last value 1000) 3000, 0.4);

Ahah yes, the last time I saw the camera.maxZ not resolving this issue, it was a Skybox too little :grin:

++
Tricotou

1 Like