Flutter x BabylonNative

I’m doing a Flutter plugin integration. It’s in early stage with only Android supported at the moment.

The repo is available here. PRs and feedback are hugely welcome. As usual, features will be developed with community needs in mind.

12 Likes

@Cedric this is so coool !!!

We should add smthg in the doc for it @PirateJC :slight_smile:

@Cedric FANTASTIC job!

We indeed need to get some documentation about this and show others how to get started! Love it!

New technologies are fun. But useless if people not get anything except wasting of time and energy.

Sorry

Why being so angry at Flutter :slight_smile:

I think it is amazing that @Cedric is helping other users of the community who might already been using Flutter to benefit from Babylon in their app with a low integration cost.

3 Likes

New Tehnology are super.
But that is all what I can say about.
You can’t live from super.
It is just hobby bobby.

Let’s keep it positive and productive. New technology or not, if it’s not for people like @Cedric advancing Babylon and showing how it can be used in new and innovative ways, Babylon truly wouldn’t be where it is today.

I for one think this is cool and I hope that future people find it interesting and helpful.

8 Likes

hi!
I have a project that I am developing with babylonjs. I hope you can meke flutter package.

1 Like

While indeed new, Flutter is pretty popular already anyways :slight_smile: Very cool!

1 Like

Hello @Cedric,
When i try to open your project, i am getting error.

[CXX1300] CMake ‘3.19.6’ was not found in SDK, PATH, or by cmake.dir property.
[CXX1301] - CMake ‘3.22.1’ found in SDK did not satisfy requested version.

I am using VSCODE.
Do you know the answer to the error?
Thank you for sharing your project.

install cmake 3.19.6 and add it to your path

1 Like

it gives another error and i can’t find the problem

E/AndroidRuntime(12389): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime(12389): Process: com.babylon.babylonnative_example, PID: 12389

E/AndroidRuntime(12389): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library “libBabylonNativeJNI.so” not found

You know, I have to both agree (in essence) and disagree (in reality) with your comment.
Indeed, there are many ‘trendy’ apps (mediums, medias,etc…) florishing for an undefined and often limited time. Indeed, it soaks up a lot of time for people doing our job and we are eventually fed up with some. And yes, in truth, many won’t make it to the next decade and yet, eventually some of’em will become a ‘must have’.

But then, let’s face it: If you cannot follow the trend, you’re out of the game. It’s as simple as that. That’s just life with the digital since around 2010. I cannot say I abide it all. I cannot say I like it all, but that’s just the way it is now.

Finally, also, you cannot presume of what’s the ‘good use’ for all other people. May be this will never serve you, but thinking ‘global’ means you also have to consider the requisit, workflow and opinion of others.

You can check a few things:

• .so in present in .apk
  • .so is built and in jni folder

Did you clone the repo with sub modules?

Also, as stated in the readme: This plugin is a work in progress, non production-ready. PRs are welcome.

1 Like

I will check ur project. Thank you @Cedric

1 Like