Glb convert to babylon and VATs question

After exporting the glb format file using blender to babylon exporter, loading the babylon format file and baking the vertex animation for it, the effect of the vertex baking animation and the original glb animation has diff. The tree branches of the vertex bake animation seem to be stretched and become strange. I’m not sure what the problem is.

It seems the problem is with the tree.babylon file, as if you use tree.glb instead it does work:

Maybe the skeleton is not defined the same way in tree.babylon?

Yes, but using '.glb 'to bake the animation would result in an incoherent animation, as rendered in PG. So I converted to '.babylon 'to bake animations. Simple animations like a faceted alpha tree worked fine

It seems the animation itself is wrong. If I comment the baking code and just play the animation, it does not play correctly:

You mean the exporter problem?

The latest animation bake is also having problems, as the baked texture becomes monochrome.
VATPine_Tree_Bone
The frame sequence is:

new AnimationRange('animation', 0, 150),
new AnimationRange('animation', 151, 301),
new AnimationRange('animation', 302, 452),

It’s probably the texImage2D method. My Float32Array data format is:

Creating the texture ends up calling this method:

It shouldn’t be monochrome anyway?

Yes, I think it’s a problem at export time, as the animation does not play correctly in the playground.

I have a question when I used glb for baking textures like the model shown in PG. The animation is always not smooth. This animation was done in Blender at 24fps and 50 keys. How do I specify the range when I bake and how do I specify the range when I play?

It’s one of the limitation of VAT: there’s no interpolation between keys. So, in your case, the animation will use 24 keys (frames) per second, without interpolation in-between. You should generate more frames in Blender if you want a smoother animation. From our doc:

A limitation of the current VAT implementation is that you cannot blend animations to play simultaneously. Also, the animations may not be as smooth as when not using BVA because there is no interpolation between frames. The “smoothness” will depend on the number of frames of the animation.