GUI3D : Slider3D isVisible boolean not working

Hello !
I a m trying to use the 3D GUI, creating sliders in my scene.
I want my sliders to be visible when a special event is triggered, so I put the initial 3DControl.isVisible value to false

This does not affect the visibility of the control : https://playground.babylonjs.com/#2YZFA0#317 (line 23)
In my personal babylon code, this disable only half of the control : the cursor dissapears while the line stay visible.

Am I missing some information here ?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
Yes. It’s kind of weird. Unfortunately, I never did it with the 3D slider control. I know how to change buttons with accessing a private property of name _currentMaterial but it does not work with the slider. Using the ‘sliderBarMaterial’ also does not work. I can remove the ‘mesh’ or ‘thumb’ and ‘backPlate’ but not the sliderBar. I believe it’s because it must be the root of the control and must be accessed with some other private property. I am quite sure it’s nothing harder than this, I just don’t know what it is.

May be @sebavan or @Evgeni_Popov can quickly give you the correct instruction for this.
Else, you can of course remove and add 3D controls (at least this works without question :wink:

Sounds like a bug to me where isVisible is not used by the slider3d, I will fix it tonight.

Will be fixed by Fix 3D slider observables and visibility by sebavan · Pull Request #12759 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

3 Likes