How to prepare free 3D assets to importing?

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, provided advices didn’t help much. Some glTF-Blender-Exporter examples even failed to export. And it doesn’t explain all I need. With such simple examples without animation I hadn’t problems even on my own. I even mentioned about it here: How to attach physics to imported mesh?

What I really want to know is how to integrate blender models downloaded from free sites into Babylon projects. Especially interested in weapons for FPS games for now. Particularly texturing, firing and reloading animations are expected in those models. But Blender allows everything of it in different ways. Meshes might be animated in Object Mode or Posing Mode, might be integrated into .blender file or exist as separate files. Also there is a lot of options for textures. All of downloaded models didn’t work correctly right from the box. I tried to export it as .babylon, .gltf and .obj. Everything had different problems. Which format is preferable by the way?

I will be very grateful if someone will share a video with creating, texturing and animating of weapon and following exporting and importing of it into Babylon. Or at least a process of adaptation of 3rd party weapon model for Babylon. Or at very least if someone will share animated and textured weapon models for .blender that will work with Babylon (with 100% confidence). Blender 2.80 is preferable.

I understand that probably I am asking too much. I am not very familiar with Blender. Of course I’ve watched basic tutorial, but it doesn’t cover the whole process. It’s only about Blender itself. And I need particular practical examples specially for Babylon. I am a programmer, not an artist. I just need some working assets to train Babylon coding skills.

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes