normal should be this
This might have to do with how your are replacing your models? If you are replacing the model, wouldn’t you have to replace the material too?
Another solution could be to have all the models loaded and just show/hide the active/non-active ones. This will be expensive up front since you have to load in all the models. Or you can load them only once they are first used.
Would be able to isolate what you are doing in a playground so we can a further look?
Changing the model also has to change the material, a model comes with its own material
It feels like a cache, is there a way to clear the cache of the previous model, or destroy the previous model directly
You can dispose a mesh and then replace it with a new one. This might be expensive though?
Can you give me an example
Sure let me give it a shot.
thank you very much
you can use these model
Alrighty! I have a basic demo working. I went with simple models to get the solution in a generic form. This will also isolate the issue for debugging.
In this solution, I have a variable of the mainMesh, this is the mesh that is visable.
var mainMesh = null; Then I load in a mesh (in this case the skull) and set the mainMesh to it.
Next I create 2 buttons using the Babylon GUI. When each button is pressed I call:
mainMesh.dispose(); Then I load in a new mesh and replace mainMesh with the new mesh. And repeat (lines 40-53 and lines 55-66)
Something interesting I noticed is that after loading each mesh for the first time, each load afterwards was relatively quick. Guess there is some caching happening.
thanks for your help,this demo resolve my problem,thank you.