Importing .babylon file back into 3ds max

Hello,
Is there any chance to recover a file back into 3ds max if I only have the .babylon export after a HDD failure?
Perhaps there is a way to have the BABYLON engine itself export an OBJ file (which can then be imported into 3ds)

Maybe something can be salvaged by loading in bjs, then export in glb. Does max have glb import? If not, Blender does, though i know you do not to hear that.

2 Likes

Hello @Convergence just checking in, was your question answered?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I’m just coming back to this problem now… I believe the OBJExport module would do it for me, except I can’t seem to find it at first glance…

edit:
after some searching on the old forum of html5gamedevs.com I was able to find a copy of the OBJexporter module here: data/babylonjs.serializers.js at master · 3dformortals/data · GitHub

Works like a charm except for some reason renames all meshes to “object_xx”, which was easily fixed though by editing the code.

perhaps this module is also available through official channels but I wasn’t able to find any.

Yeah it is here: Babylon.js/packages/public/@babylonjs/serializers at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com) :smiley:

@PirateJC Once we take another look at the docs, we should keep in mind a way to make it easier for people to see a list of modules and where they can be found :slight_smile: