Importing scenes in Editor v4?

Hi,
I’ve been working for a bit with the BabylonJS Editor and I just upgraded to v4. However, I can’t seem to find an option to import scenes or v3 projects or .babylon files. Dragging the files doesn’t seem to work either. Have these options been removed or am I missing something?
Thank you

@julien-moreau the editor creator will definitely be able to help, but I am not sure he kept back compat between both ?

Thanks! Backwards compatibility is always nice, but importing .babylon or .glb/.gltf files would be enough.

This should work I bet he ll answer ASAP

1 Like

But be patient cause it is holliday break period :slight_smile:

Hey @amb!
You are right the editor V4 is not backward compatible as it is now handling full projects (V3 was based on handling delta between original scene and the one in the editor and it was not enough powerful). Using V4 ensures that what you see in the editor is was you’ll get in your game/application and now has full control on nodes you instantiate (meshes, lights etc).

If your scene was not so advanced, it would not take too much time to redo in the editor V4 :slight_smile:

Thanks @sebavan for tagging :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, @julien-moreau! But how can I import Blender scenes into the new editor?

Hey @amb
You add both .Babylon and .GLTF formats in your scene using the « Meshes » tab in the assets panel
There is a section in the documentation (still WIP) for all assets: Editor/doc.md at release/4.0.0 · BabylonJS/Editor · GitHub

Don’t hesitate if you have any feedback or question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I was missing. I’ll try it out and let you know.

1 Like