JSDoc doubles in the documentation for setters and getters

And others.

Good catch! I think this happens because there is a docstring for the getter and the setter :thinking: Babylon.js/abstractMesh.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com). Want to do a PR? :smiley:

If we can have different comments to getter and setter, so probably there are some reason to identify them in the documentation?
Yes, now we have bug with equal descriptions, but in the theory they may have different text for settters (for example we can describe some sideeffects here), and in the doc page it will be not too clear, probably. What do you think about it?

By “not clear” you mean the descriptions of the getters and setters being right by one another?

Look at this example

If we trying to read it as regular text, then it looks like rambling text. So I think the generated text we can rewrite to more logical ordering. Probably, it may looking like this:

Oooh, I understand! I agree this would be a good idea :smiley: @RaananW is that possible? If you show me how the docs are generated I can do it :slight_smile:

we use typedoc as our doc generator. Whatever typedoc supports we support. it seems like it has some issues with getter and setters in classes. i’ll have to check why it is generated this way.

i’ll be tracking this issue here: Fix getter and setter typedoc formatting · Issue #751 · BabylonJS/Documentation (github.com)

2 Likes