KiwiQuads - FPV Racing Drone Customiser

Hi everyone,
Oliver from KiwiQuads here.

I just finished building an app for our website using BabylonJS and React.

I’d like to share it with you all here and say thank you very much for the fantastic engine and great documentation. The examples and forum questions all made it such a breeze to finish this project.

Here’s a direct link https://kiwiquads.co.nz/customiser

Thanks again,
Oliver

8 Likes

During the loading I’m able to see the menu, but once the 3D scene is shown, I can only change Canopy color

I’m on Win10 64b - Firefox Quantum 64.0.2 (64b) (same on Firefox Nightly)

1 Like

Nice, you should create a PR on the website to feature your work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

right here:

drones in webGL <3

Look good.

I’m on a 13" MacBook Air and had to scroll up and down to select the objects and colours.

I’d shrink the selectors so its it fits on one screen or maybe when you select the fans the selector for that product drops dow.

great project Kiwi:)
Was thinking of building up an FPV racing drone with my boys. I only want something entry-level. Cheap, but not rubbish. A while ago I was recommended these drones (and various other bits). Is this a good starting point or is there something a little newer/more appropriate?
I was never seriously into it, but have played about with it with a Walkera Runner 250. I found it a lot easier than flying an RC heli, when you crashed it was easier to repair and cheaper! definitely harder to control than a super sensitive RC nitro buggy.