NME initial nodes

Hi,

I’ve begun experimenting with the Node Material Editor and it’s really cool, but I don’t have a good grasp of the nodes that show up when I open the NME for the first time, particularly the nodes that yield “VertexOutput”. Is there a good article or video explaining this somewhere?

Relatedly, I have been trying to figure out what the w axis represents but no luck :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
-George

Hello and welcome to the BJS community! :smiley:

We have a lovely YouTube channel that has some amazing videos on NME. Highly recommend checking out for first timers.

thank you! i have watched a bunch of these videos–is there one in particular that you recommend to understand what World (Matrix), mesh.position, and worldPos are?

I think all the NME ones are super helpful for learning how to use the tool.

For learning more specifically about world matrix etc., this is also getting into more shaders in general. Introduction to Shaders | Babylon.js Documentation here’s a start for that. But would also recommend just learning more about shaders and the logic/math behind it online.

Going to see if I can find go resources for this but someone else might have additional suggestions.