OBJ exported scene rotated 180º around up axis

Agreed!

1 Like

We can add it in the what’s new section for 7.0 (cc @RaananW )

1 Like

Sorry, but I tend to disagree here. This assumption feels a bit ‘ez’ to me. And we are all using some stuff that has been wrong from the start :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, like - ‘sensibility’ (translated from french and should read sensitivity :joy:). Ok, here it’s just the name, but I’m pretty sure there are some other ‘specialities’. In fact, some of these have been turned into an advantage :grin: Anyway, I think even if little used, such a change needs to be highlighted (again my opinion only and again, sorry for interfering here :pray:)… And then, thanks for the solution :hugs:. I think this is a good decision/solution. Have a great day :sunglasses:

It’s just a guess. It can totally be wrong, but we have no way of knowing until we change it. I will add the flag so that people can change it back to the old behavior.

1 Like

PR is here: Add legacy behavior flag to obj loader by bghgary · Pull Request #14920 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

Do this to get the old behavior back.

OBJFileLoader.USE_LEGACY_BEHAVIOR = true;
5 Likes

Just checked back on it and works fine, thanks.

However, looking at the doc, still no mention of it.
https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/importers/oBJ
May be worth giving a keep update to this page, if by any means possible? @RaananW

2 Likes

Update oBJ.md by RaananW · Pull Request #1125 · BabylonJS/Documentation (github.com)

4 Likes