Sending particle inside a tube from Left to Right

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#X776Y6

I am trying to emit a particle inside a tube but its always from showing vertical I want this horizontal from left to right can someone help on the same ?. I am new to babylon and learning on the same, sorry if this looks naive.

rgds
Kamal

Hey there, I rotated the fountain 90 degrees and changed the tube’s path to increase along the x axis instead of the y. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Damned I was just going to post the same solution :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

You guys are awesome I was stuck for a day looking to see how to do the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the BabylonJS forum and enjoy this incredible piece of software and the community! Do not hesitate to ask when in trouble! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

@roland Btw is it possible to move each particle in particular zigzag path ?. Because I see the particle takes only 2 direction.

You can move the particle emitter as you like.
Example - https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#SVZL1I#35

I think she @Balaji_K ( are you a lady? :slight_smile: ) wants to control each particle individually.

Have a look here:

If you can’t achieve the desired moving pattern that way you may want to use SPS:

Thanks Roland, Labris. @roland that was my wife and kid changed my photo :slight_smile: … Btw labris your example of not particle bu sphere following a path looks like something I need. Probably I can have multiple sphere tracing a path. @roland looks like SPS is something I need to take a look and don’t see can achieve vi a particles…Since I need a kind of zigzag movement of particles as well…

1 Like

I had a feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In SPS you have full control of the movement of each particle. You can use planes, set the billboard mode for them and apply the particle texture. I will try to create a quick example for you. It will be a good practice for me as well.

2 Likes

Actually I don’t need to. Here is a PG from the docs:

EDIT: It is not using planes but showing how can you control the position/rotation over time.
EDIT2: Actually it is using planes :smiley: Sorry, my bad!