Slow performance and OOM issues with mesh imposter and Ammo JS

Hello @arcman7 just checking in, do you still have this issue?

Hey! Thank you for reaching out and following up! I haven’t had time this week due to my day job being unusually demanding to test out stuff given the new info you gave me in the other thread.

I was successful in being able to instantiate physics mesh imposters after reducing them down, but I have not seen the full solution work yet where I have collisions taking place. Also I noted that when I decimated the cloned meshes, I saw their corresponding source meshes being decimated as well - does that have something to do with shared materials?

First, I want to see what these decimated meshes look like via the edge rendering

cc @Cedric

A clone is a reference, so if you change the geometry of the cloned mesh, you actually change the geometry of the source mesh.

2 Likes

Somewhat inline with this thread, you should know I’m experimenting with this c++ implementation of this decimation algo -

If it works out I’m putting it up on a docker container on aws, I’ll try to be as friendly as possible to the community by exposing the end points as a free service.

3 Likes