I made a fun spinning top to help promote my design studio. (A top is our logo). Check it out here ----> tiptopstudio.io
Some of the challenges I had to overcome:
- Getting a 2d canvas to talk to Babylon
- How to detect collisions on a cone. (I used a compound collider consisting of sphere for the tip, and a cylinder for the edge.)
- Getting the top to slow down faster than it wanted to (using the setDamping method in Ammo)
- Using physics imposters with an imported mesh.
- Getting the center of mass exactly right (even making it slightly off-center to make for some random tipsyness
- Applying different materials to different parts of an imported mesh. Including a specular map.
It all took awhile. Thank you to all who posted to these forums and who replied to my questions.