TerrainEditor V3.0

Hello,

This editor will have her own topic on this forum now :smile:

I updated the terrain editor to make it as simple as possible. I took out all that was not useful . At that time I had to save the terrain and the file was too large at times. With a loading on the projects much too long.

Now when you create a terrain, you need to import a Heightmap which will create the elevations. Then you just have to paint with 8 possible textures the ground.

To recover your work, export what you have done, this will create a zip with all the textures used and the 2 painted mixMaps as well as the heigthmap.

To recreate your terrain on your project, recreate your terrain with the heigtmap and add the mixmaps textures and the diffuse textures available in the zip export.

This version is therefore lighter, more optimize because I fix some bug that really make the difference in terms of performance when painting.

Have fun:

You can try online it here : TerrainEditor test online
You can download zip here : TerrainEditor dowload zip
To make it work locally:

1. Start serveur -> The path of the TerrainEditor.exe shortcut does not point to the right folder. Edit the properties of this file so that it points correctly in the PHPServeur/folder
  2. Start TerrainEditor avec Apach ->Go to the apache menu -> change Apache root folder -> Select new serveur server root folder (www)

Editor Screenshot:

15 Likes

@Dad72 good to see you back and doing some things!

Hi Dad,

I hope you are doing well :slightly_smiling_face: The new editor looks nice, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to get it to work? In the online version it gives a 404 File Not Found in the F12 when I hit the ‘Then create’ button. On desktop the Apache server won’t start :disappointed:

Welcome back Dad72

Using the online version I name the terrain ‘hills’ and on my computer browse for sidepaper.png

However following ‘Import texture’ and ‘Then create’ images with these names are looked for on your server

GEThttp://www.babylon.actifgames.com/TerrainEditor/data/sidepaper.png
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 100ms]

GEThttp://www.babylon.actifgames.com/TerrainEditor/data/hills.png?1585130122060
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 32ms]

GEThttp://www.babylon.actifgames.com/TerrainEditor/data/hills2.png?1585130122060
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 32ms]

Thanks @Ateria It’s good to come back with something to share with you
Thanks @Gijs, Yes I’m fine and you ?
Thanks @JohnK, Yes I pass by every day, but I don’t say much. I spend a lot of time in my workshop and develop a lot less, but I continue from time to time.

Thanks for your tests. For the 404 error, I forgot I put write permissions on certain folder. It should work now.

I add at the same time in the editor for the elevation of the terrain the min and max Height and the subdivision.

Pour Apache server, I think it’s because you have to reconfigure it the path :

1. The path of the TerrainEditor.exe shortcut does not point to the right folder. Edit the properties of this file so that it points correctly in the PHPServeur/folder
  2. Go to the apache menu -> change Apache root folder -> Select new serveur server root folder (www)

With me it start correctly.

1 Like

I loaded this high map

pressed “import” then “create”, but: pas de terrain. pourquoi? :slight_smile:

It’s strange. I must have changed something without checking.
I’m going to double check it

Ok, @Necips I had changed the permissions again and I shouldn’t have. It works again now after testing.

No. sorry. don’t work on Chrome.

On IE I get after click on import this:

I’m on Chrome and when I test it works. Maybe a story of cache to empty on your side.

@Necips In your image above, I saw that you did not put a name to the terrain, which could be the problem. Give a name, and the heigtmap, import then create and it will work.

great. works well! thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, it made my browser unresponsive after upload.

What do you mean ? Did you encounter a problem in the download zip?

Hello master, I’m interested in your project.
I am a designer and 3D modeler.
Tell me, can I use your project to create an RPG scene (with ready-made models and textures) and transfer it to the programmer?
PS. I can’t download your project or go to the site, any access problems.

Hello,

The editor allows you to create a terrain only. It is not a level editor. You will then have to add your 3D RPG models afterwards with modeling software.

As for downloading, my provider has deleted my server and all data (2 weeks ago (May 15)). I have to take over a server in the month of June. In the meantime I will put the zip to download on WeTransfer. As soon as it’s done I come back to tell you and provide the link to its download.

Download link via WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/t-NoSEk4eoUu

If you want to create a complete scene I advise you to go directly through a modeling software (3ds max, Maya, blender)
You also have BabylonEditor which is perhaps more complete.