The Good Ol' Days

Hi @Wingnut,

Babylon has evolved a lot, some things may have become more complex, more advanced, for more informed, more competent users. Babylon think to attract great developers and less beginners in questing to create a game with little knowledge.
But that does not prevent me from doing things or giving up this engine which remains formidable if we compare to other game engines.

Currently I am working when I can on a new editor (Link: Realm Designer), but I don’t talk about it too much. I don’t talk too much here anymore, because I can no longer follow all the posts, there are too many people, too many subjects per day. But I come here every day.
My priorities are indeed evolving, I am in the process of creating a (modest) company as a general man in my region and I have less time to spend developing my editor. It happens that for a week, I do not touch the programming, then come back to it for 1 week.
As for the lack of popularity, yes indeed, it made me think about moving on and devoting less my time to development. Everyone here is a developer, wants to create their own games or publishers, so they are less attracted to use other people’s games or editors. Most take other people’s ideas or get inspired, but I don’t think advertising here to have a community around your project is viable. We can collect the opinions of other developers. That’s what I concluded.

To answer the overall question, yes Babylon has evolved a lot, with more advanced things that I would not venture to, but there have also been good developments which are addressed to everyone.
I think Babylon has attracted a bigger developers, not a beginners, and the forum questions are getting more technical, which is why I don’t talk too much here anymore. Maybe a special beginner’s forum would be more appropriate and a more seasoned user forum like here would be good. I do not know. But the world of Babylon has indeed changed.

PS davrous seems to have stopped Babylon. Temechon would have started his business it seems to me.

I hope I have answered your questions.

1 Like