Unexpected POINTERTAP firing in touchscreen when zooming by two finger movement

Hi friends,

in my project i’m using babylonjs 5.23.0, and i can’t upgrade engine to a more recent version because of an unexpected POINTERTAP event firing when zooming in touchscreen by a two finger movement.

Here a PG: Babylon.js Playground
I set an alert on POINTERTAP event for easy debug on mobile devices.
Open it with a touchscreen device and try to zoom with a two finger movement.

This unexpected behavior is in latest engine (5.39.0) and newest previous, but not in 4.2.1 or in 5.23.0 i’m currently using in my project.

Many thanks for your help

1 Like

cc @PolygonalSun but be patient as it is vacation time.

1 Like

I can take a look at this but it may be a couple of weeks because I’ll be out of the office. Just to confirm though, when you say “two finger movement”, are you talking about using a pinch or some other gesture?

Your vacations are definitely deserved!
I thank you in advance so much for your interest.
Unexpected POINTERTAP event is fired with ‘pinch’ movements (gestures for zoom in & out) but also with ‘two finger drag’ (gesture for pan).

Just wanted to let you know that I’m back and will be looking at this to see what’s going on.

I would like to specify that unexpected POINTERTAP event is fired at the end/after a two finger movement on a touchscreen device, like zooming or panning.
Do you agree that such an event is unwanted?
Thanks for your help.

Just an update, so it looks like the issue is that the InputManager’s logic for determining a TAP isn’t accounting for multiple active touches. I’m currently testing a fix for this. I’ll provide an update once this is in PR.

PR is live: InputManager: Fix for POINTERTAP firing during multi-touch gesture by PolygonalSun · Pull Request #13466 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

3 Likes

PR is merged

1 Like

What a fantastic support team! I thank you infinitely.

2 Likes