Universal Camera Touch input to mimic mouse

Hi,

before I go down the path of customising my camera input like in Customize Camera Inputs - Babylon.js Documentation
is there an out of the can way to make the touch input when running on a mobile respond the same as the mouse input, ie not move but rotate the camera?

I would recommend using a arcrotatecamera camera if that’s what you are interested in.
There’s also the touchAngularSensibility you can adjust for mobile so you can match more what the mouse is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I might try that first. I have three scenes - two with a UniversalCamera and one with a FollowCamera - so I will try it out on the two Universal ones.
Doesn’t the arcrotatecamera need a look at target though whereas I want the user to be able to look around the scene, ie stay in place but rotate.

Ahh, maybe if I set touchMoveSensibility = 0 and touchAngularSensibility > 0 I will get the behaviour I want. I will try that out.

Just confirming that the touchAngularSensibility did give the result I wanted (aong with setting touchMoveSensibility=0) but I could not look up or down…then I discovered the two-finger touch did exactly what I wanted :slight_smile:

1 Like