WebGL not correctly supported by Android device

Hello everyone, I’m creating this topic because I’m having a problem with loading a Skybox inside the playground (https://playground.babylonjs.com/#X46M9A#3).

In short, I created this playground and tried to load this skybox in hdr format, to verify that it works correctly on babylon version 4.2.1, but it seems not to work on device on android device. Specifically, on this type of device, if I open the playground it doesn’t load, resulting in a completely “frozen” scene. As a result, I can’t use any options provided by the playground.

This is the issue displayed on the console:

What could be the problem behind this issue?

Here are some details of the device used to test the playground, which could be useful for a better analysis:

• Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
  • GPU: Adreno 618
  • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello and welcome to the Babylon community! Just to confirm, you’re saying the same playground works on your mobile device in 4.2.1, but it doesn’t on the latest version?

Specifically, the playground that I attached in the question doesn’t work neither with the latest version nor with the babylon 4.2.1 version

Oh, I see! The likely culprit then is the HDR, as filtering it is only supported in WebGL2 and even when it is, it’s pretty slow. I would recommend converting it to DDS or ENV: Using An HDR Environment For PBR | Babylon.js Documentation

1 Like