WebXR camera can't move when reenter vr mode

When I tried enter vr mode the first time, i can get the view of babylon scene in my headset and move my headset to change the view.
But when i exist vr mode and reenter vr mode, i can get the view of babylon scene in my headset, but can’t move the webxr camera by headset and get fixed view.
In my project and babylon palyground, the problem is the same.

cc @RaananW

what is your headset model?

what do you mean when you say you can’t move? the transformation of the headset? or teleportation?

The tranformation of headset. When reenter vr mode, headset will get fixed view of babylon scene, move headset can’t change the view.

I never experienced that. but I will be happy to check. what runtime are you using? and what headset?

Headset is HTC Vive Pro.What does runtime mean?

How is XR running on your system?
WebXR is communication with a native runtime (usually OpenXR runtime, but that’s not a must) in order to display XR content in your headset. It is possible you are using SteamVR?

I’m using steamVR 1.24.7.

Seems to be a steam-related issue. I can’t reproduce this on both oculus and windows mr runtimes.
Is that the latest version of steamVR?

Yes, this version is the latest version of steamVR.
Is there any method to solve this issue?

I add some console code to see the difference between first and second enter vr mode.

In the first time, the console of renderfunction will print and the WebXRState will be changed to IN_XR.This is OK.

But in the second time, the console of renderfunction won’t print and the WebXRState will be changed to ENTERING_XR.

Why does the renderfunction run different between first and second enter vr mode?

As i’m unable to reproduce this it’s very hard for me to debug.

You are using an older version of babylon (_sessionEnded was removed some time ago). Can you try ussing the latest babylon?

In babylon palyground, the problem is the same.

1.Before enter vr mode.

2.First enter vr mode.

3.Move the headset.

4.exit vr mode.

5.reenter vr mode. The view of headset is fixed as the last state of first enter vr mode.
After reenter vr mode. Move the headset does’t work.

Is this common issue? Is this issue related with hardware or operating system or steamvr or chrome?
The hardware is HTC Vive Pro, operating system is win10, steamvr is 1.24.7, chrome is 110.0.5481.97.

I know there were a few issues with vive. it’s not a babylon issue, but a webxr issue. If you can open webxr examples but not babylon I will be really happy to know.

I don’t have a vive to test with, so I am very sorry but I am not really able to debug this.

Is there any webxr examples but not babylon?

I have tried threejs and don’t get this issue when reenter vr mode.
https://threejs.org/examples/#webxr_vr_ballshooter

well, threejs is not babylon.

Did I understand correctly that it works on three’s examples?

I tried two hardware.
HTC Vive Pro have this issue when reenter vr mode in both babylon and threejs.
HTC Comos is ok when reenter vr mode in both babylon and threejs.

So this is a hardware problem then (or more exact a software issue with specific hardware). We can track this and see if steamVR solves this issue.
If anyone else that has vive and uses steamVR can confirm this it would be great as well

1 Like