When I loaded the point cloud file, I found that when I zoomed out, the distance between the point clouds became smaller. Is this because of the camera or something else?

When I loaded the point cloud file, I found that when I zoomed out, the distance between the point clouds became smaller. Is this because of the camera or something else?

That’s because of the perspective projection: farther points will appear to be more clustered than nearer points.

You can try to use a parallel projection instead, but then nothing will happen (visually) when you go forward/backward:

2 Likes

Snipaste_2022-10-18_17-33-08
I changed the orthographic projection camera, but the effect is not good. Can I set the orthographic projection for the entire model alone, or I don’t need to load the point cloud with the model, can I use the particle system?

No, orthographic projection is a setting for the camera so applies to all objects in the scene.

Using a particle system will give you the same results than a point cloud system. You can’t avoid having more spaces between points when you zoom in vs when you zoom out (when using projective camera) so I don’t see a solution to your problem.

2 Likes