Why universalcamera disable x rotation on touch screen?

How to make universalcamera x rotation possible on touch screen? I found the beta angle blocking on mobile device. It’s normal on PC.

There is no beta angle on a universalcamera???

1 Like

Using mouse on PC the beta angle is OK, but blocking on touch screen

Please give a playground example.

1 Like

Please have a check in mobile phone

The documentation for touchAngularSensibility says that it “Defines the touch sensibility for rotation. The higher the faster.” You’ve lowered it from the default value of 200,000 all the way down to 7,000 so maybe it’s rotating so slowly now that it seems to not be rotating at all? My phone battery is dead RN but I would try commenting that line out or using a value closer to 200,000 and see if that works.

cc @PolygonalSun

Hello just checking in, was your question answered? @DWork

Sorry about the late reply here but when you use the UniversalCamera, it will add the TouchCamera’s touch controls which have gestures to zoom in on swipe up and vise-versa. If you’re looking to have touch behave exactly like mouse, you could try enabling touch controls on the mouse input object and removing the touch controls, like this:

camera.inputs.attached.mouse.touchEnabled = true;
// This is just one way to remove it, you could also use removeByType("FreeCameraTouchInput")
camera.inputs.remove(camera.inputs.attached.touch);

Here’s a PG that demonstrates this: FreeCamera_MouseWheel | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

1 Like

thanks