Another glTF import scaling question

Hi,

another beginner question and I know that there are some topics already out there on this - so sorry to ask again.
Here is the scene:
https://playground.babylonjs.com/#K92IMP
I am wondering, why dog.scaling=new BABYLON.Vector3(.01, .01, .01) makes it bigger. I just expected smaller result. If I use numbers greater 1 it shrinks. But this confuses me to be honest. Why is this working other way around here?

Thank you!

I don’t experience your problem:

2 Likes

I am not reproducing the issue either ?

thank you! but that is weird. Maybe a caching issue of browser because I had different version which might have be corrupt in any ways with same file name before. Now it looks same here like on your photos.
I am still have a scaling question. I set scale of model in editor to 1 so I would expect after export/import
that dog.scaling=new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 1, 1) would be same as no scaling at all.
So I checked glTF-JSON and there I have:
“nodes”: [
{
“translation”: [
],
“scale”: [
],
“rotation”: [
],
“name”: “dog”,
“children”: [
]
}

I would expect scale 1 also here. So this is export issue or normal in glTF? I am using Vectary and there are no export options. Thank you!

Adding @Drigax for the exporter question as he is the master for it :slight_smile:

I contacted Vectary support about this and know the reason now:
“Hi, Vectary units represent millimeters (or inches if you change that in settings), so when exporting to glTF, it gets converted to meters. Currently there are no additional unit settings, but I can forward it to designers as a suggestion”
But there is no indication about any units in Vectary user interface which very confusing - it could be anything.
So a standard cube for example with scale 1 would be tiny compared to same cube exported to Blender because in reality it is mm not m.
Vectary support on this: “Thank you for the feedback btw, this is something that could be improved a lot”

2 Likes