Blender 2.80 testing - The Start : Part2

Well the first thread kind of got off the point - so I changed the title a bit. This is my continued adventures with Blender 2.80 - designed to explore several features :

a.) Using models from older files using the “Append” functionality. Both the globe and the text were added this way. The originals were created in Blender <= v 2.76
b.) Creating materials,in particular the globe as there is no longer a Blender Render option.
c.) Continuing with animation tests - see if a rotation animation works properly.
d.) Adding a Hemi light in code, as that kind of light has been removed from Blender 2.80

Result here:

Animated Text

@JCPalmer ; no complaints from the exporter.

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

Is it possible to share your test blends? So as to take a look about new way of tweaking a Blender scene for .babylon files.

You should probably be looking at the changes.md reprinted in the original topic for testing ideas. It has been edited many times.

In the changes is:
Hemi light type is no longer supported. To get a BJS hemi light use area type, & specify Size X for range. So you can still export a Hemi. Probably important to log the BJS type of light in the log file, not the Blender type. I have that on my list of to do’s.

I am pretty worried about how late in the dev cycle I noticed lights were so different. Probably not a good idea to File->Append lights. Keep to meshes, which will also drag materials (probably worthless) but the textures also come across too. This makes creating a Nodes material easier.