Box texture wrap

Hello, I applied a texture to the box in my hand. I want one side of this textue to enclose the whole box. I know this is possible in babylonjs but I couldn’t find how to do it. Please your help.

Box Examples | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

Well, the problem with this size/ratio of texture is it will look like nothing.
If you unwrap the box, you’d realize the texture will need to be 4 times bigger in width and 3 times bigger in height (if you want the top and bottom).
Else, what you are likely looking for is faceUV.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help. At the same time, I continue to research.While doing research, I found the faceUV method. But I don’t know if I can call it a solution :).

Box Examples | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

1 Like

Depends what you are trying to achieve :slight_smile:

Do you want the top and bottom of the boxes to have the same images as the sides? If not you will need to explore faceUVs a little more

1 Like

For now this is not a problem. What I want to get is; making textures look 3d :). I know this is not possible, but it is necessary to simulate 3d.

From the questions you have been asking, I highly recommend you look at computer graphics courses. There are some great free options on the internet nowadays: Intro to Graphics 00 - Opening - YouTube, Computer Graphics (CMU 15-462/662): Welcome Video - YouTube. Watching these videos will give you a stronger understanding of the fundamentals of graphics, which is immensely helpful in developing graphics.