Bug from nowWhere + Bug with 4.1.0

I do not think so. Seems like the texture cannot get mipmaps for some reasons

PM of a link is fine

Also please note that I do all of that because you are a long timer on the forum and on babylon.js. There is no way I can spend a day like now to just get a repro for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I understand it and I am very grateful. Thank you very much Deltakosh

Ok the guy has a multimaterial:

can you tell me the name of the invisible material?

Ok I guess I found the cause

this texture had a negative VScaling:

1 Like

Now I need to figure out why we are inverting that value :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some texture also moved (voir PM). And certain objects are moved. The bed for example is going into the wall (see MP)

ok so first I can see that for the main character the texture vScale is negative
so this is definitely an expected bug

We fixed a bug in DDS where textures were sometimes upside down so this is maybe something you countered by settings the V scale to -1 but this is no more requried

Ok as seen on pm, it is probably coming from the exportation of the scene which was done long time ago :slight_smile:

A reexport should fix it

I confirm, after reexport my scene again, everything is back to normal.

2 Likes

Wouhou, What a challenge! Congrats guys! :wink:

It is true it can get hard to reproduce a bug on the playground. But from my experience, if you canā€™t reproduce the bug in the playground, it often means the bug comes from your code (or from the model as seen here). So you have to keep digging until you find your issue or until you manage to repro the bug in the playground.

Doing that will allow you to be also really specific in the bug description.
Plus this is how you become a BabylonJS Master haha :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Pichou,

The problem with the PG (in my case) is that I do not have a certificate on my server dedicated for the moment, so I can create PGs with everything that is internal to Babylon, but if I have to take some models on my server itā€™s http and not https, so it does not work. Usually I always strive to make PGs, I understand that for DK it is much faster to find the bugs.

Itā€™s something Iā€™m going to have to do this year (the certificate).

2 Likes

Currently i canā€™t upgrade to BabylonJs 4.1.
As a workaround i do the following after creating the engine:

engine.getCaps().parallelShaderCompile = null

This solves my problems. I will try to remove this workaround after upgrading to 4.1

2 Likes

Oh im going to try this!

what version of babylonjs are you on when this workaround worked?

Also did you use shaders in your application?

I use Version 4.0.3
And yes i use shaders ā€¦ as soon as you as any material you use shaders anyway
But as mentioned already i disabled webgl 2 for my application. Maybe that makes the difference.

1 Like

thanks for the info, did you disable webgl2 through the babylonjs engine?
disablewebgl2support in the engine constructer?

https://doc.babylonjs.com/api/interfaces/babylon.engineoptions#disablewebgl2support

yes we disable it this way

1 Like

@Deltakosh I just updated to 4.1.0-beta.5 but the issue with parallel shader compilation is not solved. Still the same like mentioned here:

So iā€™m still forced to disable it like mentioned here:

Can you repro easily?