Cannot solve transparency issue

I can’t find the magic setting to fix this transparency issue with some textures in my project.


All source files located at: is the “zone” (obj, mtl, and all the textures if you want to try to load this file up yourself – keep in mind you have to .flipFaces() on every mesh for it to display correctly (don’t ask me why, i don’t know – this is just stuff i ripped from the EverQuest client).

The scratchy red texture you see through the weirdness is the background-image on my < html > – its just a red-leather texture.

Thanks for the help.

Hey and welcome!
can you repro in the playground? This will be easier to help you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply – I’ll work on a PG as soon as possible.


1 Like

Welcome Joseph :slight_smile: I tested the tree21.png image in the sandbox and it worked fine (see below).

Maybe I need to download the zip file.

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:


Not sure how I can build this in a playground. I can’t upload files and loading content over the web doesnt work (cross-domain policy).

I did make a little progress on it but still dealing with issues on these tree graphics. I’m planning to make a brief video and I’ll link it here soon.

Here is a doc to workaround CORS issues:

Well I downloaded your zip file and imported the .obj file into blender. It seems to be a bit of a mess as far as the normals go for various meshes. So I isolated the trees and just worked with them

I made sure the normals were OK, added a flat terrain (500 units from back to front and side to side) And exported the result to a .babylon file. Here is the result with the “maxZ” value set to 2000 units

Tree Textures

If I set the “maxZ” value to 500, I get all sorts of appearing and disappearing meshes.

As it is, move towards the big tree that is on the ground - eventually you will see a Z order issue.

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

1 Like