EdgeRendering Not Apply Animation

Hi guys,
I want to preview mesh like Maya’s wireframe mode which renders wireframe beyond surface. EdgeRendering looks like great, I have a try and find EdgeRendering can’t effected by animation. What should I do to work EdgeRendering with Animation or other way to achieve same effect?
Thanks for all help :grinning:

Like this:

modelClone | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)
It looks like the skinned mesh has lost its skeleton.
If you can apply it to the skeleton as well, you should get the correct result, but it’s not a mesh.:thinking:

1 Like

The edge renderer generates lines for the current position only, it won’t follow an animation. Your screenshot looks like it’s a wireframe rendering on top of the mesh, though. You could try to use the mesh debug plugin material for that:

https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/mesh/visualizeMeshData

1 Like

Wow, it looks wonderful. Does it a new feature of bbl? I haven’t see it ever before :grin:

Yes, it’s a nice feature and it’s there for a few months now :slight_smile: (last PR: Fix exposing options of MeshDebugPluginMaterial by alexchuber · Pull Request #14139 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub).

2 Likes

Nice Jobs

modelClone | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)
Test unicode | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)
Works on both deformations and bones.

1 Like

I have a test to combine material debug and mesh debug, there has an error when material.debugMode is EHO.

Thanks for reporting, here’s the fix:

1 Like