FreeMazes3D, version 0.5

I have released a fifth version of my procedural maze generating and puzzle solving adventure game, FreeMazes3D. The big change this version is that I have created and applied my own custom, retro-styled texture pack to the game. Note, previous versions only used solid-color meshes. Now, only the skies and a handful of other things have maintained the solid-color look. As a result, the game is now a lot prettier to look at.

Here are some screen shots showing the new look:

Feel free to try the game out. This Babylon.js project is bundled up as an Electron app so it can be played like a traditional desktop game. For Linux users, a native Linux executable can be downloaded from my github and played right away (no installation necessary):

Windows/MacOS users will need to clone the project, install the project dependencies, and then build from source.

4 Likes

Congrats on the release !!!

1 Like

That’s so cool! I like the retro look, makes me think of that Windows screensaver~

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I like the retro look, makes me think of that Windows screensaver~

Yes, I remember that maze screensaver too, back in the Windows 95/98 days. If I recall correctly, you could even drop in your own textures to give it a custom look.

Wow, that I didn’t know! :open_mouth: I only looked at the pretty moving pictures :laughing: