Well, one of my motives in creating this demo was to test out @JCPalmer 's new Babylon Exporter for Blender 2.93 - and the above was my result. However, the basic one-legged walk needed improvement, and I thought it would be easy. But I have run into all kinds of complications. Here is my new walking around :
New Arrgh, Shipmates
There is more of an arch to the back like I have seen in old pirate movies - but I wanted the head to be more looking ahead, but I forgot to swing the half leg a little as well. I also wanted to create an animation to be played when the skeletal character stops to speak - but because of issues, that will have to come later
So, first I tackled the head looking up a bit - and ran into trouble. I took the animation and tried to adjust one of the head, neck or neck1 bones just slightly. Result :
Neck Adjusted Arrgh Shipmates
At this point I started looking at the exported .babylon files to see what the issue might be, as I had not received any warnings or error messages about the export.
First thing I noticed was that the skeletal animation was 54 frames long even though walking animaton in Blender is 24 frames, then I noticed that the “ranges” indicated that there were two ranges :
And it does not matter which range I use for the walk (they both work for walking) even though the “KeyAction” is the name given to the “animationGroups” driving the facial shapekey animation - not the skeletal animation.
I have spent several long sessions removing the walking animation and trying again with different bones - always the same type of result. I’m getting quite frustrated!
No idea what the problem is.
Stay Safe All, gryff
Edit: Oddly, the total vertex count is two different between the two new examples even though they start with the same Blender file and the only changes made are to the animation!