Getting very low frame rates in firefox while creating GUI hotspots

Im trying to create multipe hotspots ar the buildings window with babylon GUI for user interaction.
I have around 70-80 hotspot in the scene.

In chrome im getting good frame rates but in firefox im getting very low

I have used createInstance() method to clone hotspot mesh

But im still not getting good frame-rates
When im removing all the hotspots im getting good frames.

That’s a bit strange, 80 additional meshes should not make a difference.

You should compare the “Frame steps duration” section of the Inspector between Chrome and Firefox to better narrow where the problem could be.

Also, are you sure Firefox is using GPU acceleration? It happened a few times in the forum that people using Firefox and experiencing slow fps were using software rendering.

So you now have 80 ADTs? If you’re instanciating mainIcon, it’s likely what would happen (I suppose).
I’m not sure what this would do in terms of performance. At some point this automn, there was a project from the team to create clones of the ADT. Not sure if this is still on the list.

Edit: And just out of curiosity (sry), why use the ADT if your hotspot is just a simple dot?

And just out of curiosity (sry), why use the ADT if your hotspot is just a simple dot?

No I’m making only one ADT and duplicating that into other hotspot icon meshes.
I have tried making a simple standard material and applying a Dot texture picture to it. But I’m still getting poor FPS.

Live project Url

We used ripple hotspots with shader material in Live, however it was not the cause of the sluggish fps because I also used standard material with a single texture, and the results were the same.

These are the results of FPS when I enable hotspots and disable hotspots

1. Enable hotspots

2. Disable Hotspots

Duplicating? You mean moving it to the active instance, yes? I’m asking because right now, duplicating an ADT actually means creating a new ADT (it cannot be instanciated; it will eventually be able to be cloned if this project is completed). Can you just check in the inspector see how many adt you have in there.

You mean without using the ADT? That would be just very weird.

Can you just check in the inspector see how many adt you have in there.

I can see only one ADT In materials list

You mean without using the ADT? That would be just very weird.

Yes i did just to test the performance with fps but still not getting good result.

Not in material. In ‘GUI’. I have a scene which uses about 20

and it already has an impact on performance.

So how many of these ‘UI’ do you have? The screenshot does not show the entire section. Are those the ones for the hotspots?

3 Likes

Ohh you are right that are the UI for tooltip. and there are animations applied to each UI thats why the I was getting low FPS.
Now Im getting good FPS after commenting the code.
Thank you for you great support. Im really Thankful @mawa :smiley: