Gltf metal texture

Hello, everyone.
Can you teach me about texture? I want to display a gltf file of a partially metallic kitchen, but the metal is completely black and does not display well. I uploaded the file to the sandbox and the metal was displayed successfully. I have no idea what program it is using to make this possible.

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("", "", "model.gltf", scene, function (newMeshes, particleSystems, skeletons) {
                   //Maybe, this is where the ambient texture should be set.
                }

↓my program

↓sandbox

Your help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

You have to use a HDR environment. Don’t hesitate to read other PBR articles (Intro to PBR, Mastering PBR) :wink:

An quick & easy way to do this is to use the createDefaultEnvironment helper: https://playground.babylonjs.com/#2FDQT5#966

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I could do that. The metallic quality came out well. I’ve been struggling with this for a long time so this is wonderful!
I also visited your web site and it’s great to know the possibilities of Babylon.js. In particular, the interior simulator is what I’m trying to build now, so I’m learning a lot from it… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, here the forum thread about the apartment configurator you’re talking about :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!