Golden paths for Babylonjs with React

Following the announcement on “golden paths” for Babylon. Just wanted to share some github projects I have made to pave the road for React. They are all open source, so invite contributions from the community.

Typescript example website

Javascript example website (state mgmt, routing, etc)

AR

Electron

PWA

I am currently working on a face-detection 3d AR example. There are 2 versions one with tensorflow and one with mediapipe + holistic - hopefully ready this month. Next I would like to make a React Native example for Android/iOS. Also, I have been asked in the main project there is a discussion to port a game to React. For the time being I am mostly too busy and lots of requests on main project take away from that time, but slow and steady :slight_smile:
If you have an open source project with React even without react-babylonjs or babylonjs-hook and want to share then here is a good place. Cheers.

6 Likes

@syntheticmagus we should link these in the doc!!

Looks awesome! @brianzinn, do you think this would make a good Dev Story? That face detection thing in particular sounds awesome; and given how often I’ve heard of people trying to do “snapchat filters,” I’m guessing a lot of people we love to be able to follow along with how you did it!

1 Like

I’d be happy to make a dev story with quick setup instructions. I can get a React + Babylon.js going in a couple of minutes from scratch.

Also, for a configuration I see you have that as a golden path. Maybe we can use the shoe model with variants and build an e-commerce site. I could build one of those if I had CC0 models for a GitHub demo.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Just a heads-up, I’ll be less responsive than usual over the holidays, but please do ping me if you want to talk more about this!

Something along ecommerce lines is definitely the objective, though I currently don’t have a thorough picture of what that looks like. If you have have something in mind (or already existing), I’d love to learn more about it and potentially combine efforts!