How do I set brightness on an imported mesh

I have a dynamic model coming into my application at run time. And depending on a few internal factors, I want to change the brightness and saturation of the mesh material. How would I go about achieving this in babylon.

Hi ssonko_jimmy,

Welcome to Babylon! It’s difficult to give too specific an answer without seeing some code and/or the model in question, but broadly speaking I can think of two good options. The first option is to programmatically modify the material (or materials if there are many) on the model directly, changing values to get the appearance you want. This has the benefit of being low-complexity, but it may be difficult to map the results onto intuitions like “brightness” and “saturation,” especially if your model has a wide variety of materials on it. The second, probably better but slightly more complex, option is to use a post-process effect to modify the rendered image. This will allow you to treat the rendered image like a traditional 2D picture, so you can manipulate brightness and saturation the same way you would for a photograph. The built-in image processing post-process may already have some of what you’re looking for, but I’m not familiar enough with it to be sure; but if it doesn’t, you should be able to make a custom post-process to do exactly what you’re looking for. Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Hello @ssonko_jimmy just checking in , was your question answered?