Introducing Babylon.JS Editor v4.0

Thank you! Would be great!

Can not create a empty node? can not create folder?

@julien-moreau ???

Hey @Tidus

You can add an empty node using the toolbars → add dummy node (which creates a pure transform node)

For the folders it is coming in the next version with the assets management so all assets will be shared across projects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@julien-moreau Hi, Do you have access to private messaging? It’s been several messages that I have been sending you for almost 1 month to which you no longer reply. I was wondering if you are still seeing your posts? Thank you.

1 Like

@Dad72 just answered, so sorry for the delay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NB plus

@julien-moreau, I am trying to download the Babylon.JS Editor but It is being blocked from defender. I tried to download from a server but I got this request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: MalAgent.J_69153 (Trojan) blocked.

Also, why isn’t the editor an option on the http//www.babylonjs.com/ tools menu?

Hi @mark.rowland !
I’m pretty sure this is because the application is not yet signed. You can find the sources here : GitHub - BabylonJS/Editor: Community managed visual editor for Babylon.js in case you wanna check or build it yourself. I checked my dependencies and it looks that there are no Trojan in it (hopefully !!)

I have an issue opened to sign the application and this will be my next step

I’m not in charge of the BabylonJS Website but let’s ask @Deltakosh. I think this is mainly because the editor is a community project and is not part of the official tools developed by the BabylonJS team itself

Hi @julien-moreau

I managed to download BabylonJS Editor and it is working. I noticed it is using webpack v4 and not v5. Are there plans to upgrade to the latest version of webpack. I did try it myself but I had lots of compile options so I guess it isn’t compatible with version 5

1 Like

I chanced upon Internet Explorer can download it. :joy:

Hello! I’m a beginner developer who is developing using Babylon js!
Currently, I’m coding using VScode and outputting it on web, and I want to develop it using babylonjseditor!However, if you develop a shader with Node Material Editor and apply it using Unique code, Engine will be Babylon in Babylonjs Editor.It’s based on JS v4.2.0, so Node Material is not applied…
Can I get an answer about Babylon JS editor’s uploading of Babylon JS version?:wink:

1 Like

@julien-moreau is planning to upgrade soon I believe ?

1 Like

Hi @Necips !
Sure I’m working on the last fixes. This version using BabylonJS 5 will take advantage of the new assets system which is not yet documented.
The version I’m working on is based on BabylonJS 5.0.0-beta.6

I can build a version and share it right now but let’s give me some informations to target the best version for you:
Which platform are you using ? Windows ? Mac OS ? Linux ?
Which architecture are you using ? Arm64 ? X64 ?

3 Likes

This looks amazing can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

Hi @julien-moreau! I’m really excited about the Editor, and I’d love to contribute. The issue tracker has a number of bugs and feature requests with varying amounts of activity. Is there a smaller one that you’re not working on already, that you would recommend I take a look at? I’m an experienced BJS user and TS developer. Cheers!

2 Likes

May I get a build for Windows on x64?

I am super excited for Babylon JS v5 and upcoming version of the editor.

1 Like

Hi @ComicSans !

Sure there are a lot to do and thanks for your enthusiasm! I appreciate it a lot!
Right now I’m working on both assets management and BabylonJS 5.0.0 support, which requires to have a large knowledge of the existing code base.

Something that would help me A LOT would be to have a curve editor, like the “Animation Curve Editor” does in the Inspector: Animation Curve Editor Update! - YouTube
The idea would be to have a component (the editor is using React) which takes an “Animation” from “babylonjs” in its props and draws the curve(s), manages the tangents, etc.

Having it as a component would allow to easily add it in the “Cinematic Editor” tool but also in the editor’s inspector like unity does with its “AnimationCurve” for animations.

Unfortunately the animation curve editor of the BabylonJS Inspector is hard-linked to the inspector and can’t be imported as a component in the Editor so we have to redo one :frowning:

If you don’t mind help me A LOT by doing this, let’s open an issue in the github as a feature and let’s discuss in it :heart:

Sounds like a plan. Go ahead and open the FR, and I’ll start digging into the inspector’s curve editor to see what it entails.

Yeah! Using an existing library (like RaphaelJS, or other) to help drawing curves etc. is something I encourage to do. We are using Electron so everything is local, we don’t have loading time issues.
Having a curve editor is one of the most wanted features from users, in order to create animations directly in the editor and preview them in realtime. Be our saver! :slight_smile:

1 Like