Is there any chance for rendering 3D Text as a Mesh which contains cyrillic characters or using custom fonts?

I’ve noticed about MeshWriter but it has just four fonts included and seems you can’t use your own fonts.
It’s a weird but those fonts (Arial, Helvetica) have cyrillic characters, I’m absolutely sure about it so I often use them. But not in MeshWriter. MeshWriter can’t render cyrillic characters using those fonts.
Is there any way to render such characters on the fly without loading precompiling versions of its meshes?

As for actual character, for instance:
Bulgarian alphabet: А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ь Ю Я
Russian alphabet: А, Б, В, Г, Д, Е, Ё, Ж, З, И, Й, К, Л, М, Н, О, П, Р, С, Т, У, Ф, Х, Ц, Ч, Ш, Щ, Ъ, Ы, Ь, Э, Ю, Я
Ukranian alphabet: А Б В Г Ґ Д Е Є Ж З И І Ї Й Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ь Ю Я

@TheLeftover can answer that the best, as he is the one who wrote the MeshWriter. He is the brillant mind behind it.

1 Like

@Rata_Blanca, yes. MeshWriter, in default, uses some preset glyphs from a few font families. If you want to go outside of that, you can use MeshWriter-font.

Ultimately, that will give you a new MeshWriter with the glyphs you have chosen. So you need not have pre-compiled meshes but you mush have a pre-compiled MeshWriter. :innocent:

On MeshWriter-font, please note the section on glyph coverage. You have to specify the glyphs you want. The only downside to a lot of glyphs is the size of the final file.

FYI, I am on the road and normally without power/internet. This caught me at a lucky moment.

Best,

1 Like