Major drop of FPS when upgrading beta.2 to beta.3

Thanks again!

Tried it now, and I don’t see any change.

I’m trying to investigate this issue on my end as well, but I don’t see any reason for the drop of FPS.
I don’t think it’s something related to the specific versions I specified, maybe something related to the compilation process of the app (webpack + transpile-modules for @babylon/core & @babylon/gui), cause the thing I see now is that sometimes when I compile the app I see this problem across different browsers and devices and sometimes don’t. and it’s very consistent, when the version is “slower” it’s always slower doesn’t matter which device, and when it’s fine it’s always working.

Here are new snapshots I took:

Well I really need a repro in the PG to help. The profiler is SO weird

pinging @Sebavan FYI

It will be extremely hard to repro in PG cause that’s kinda entire app to recreate in PG.
What if I deploy 2 versions of my app?(slower version and normal version) to different hosts so you can see for yourself? will it help?

Thanks once again :slight_smile:

Yes but trying to repro in the PG will help you narrow down the problem. It is almost impossible to help with all your codebase around

Anyway we can still try to see if there is something obvious

O.K thanks, I’ll try to do both

Could you provide me by PM an access to your app, I would like to double check it before the release.

Sure!
Thank you guys you’re awesome, I know that I messed it up before, but now I’m certain that the problematic version is beta.4, meaning - beta.3 still working.
It was pretty confusing to check it, every time I need to change babylon version, reinstall modules, build the app, run it and check the app on my phone, the entire process takes 10 min or so… Anyway this time just to be sure I checked it around 6-7 times, installed beta.3 performance are great, installed beta.4 and again the FPS drops.

So now I wanna deploy 2 versions of my app that only differs by babylon version so you guys can see it for yourself, that’s quite a lot of work so I assume it will be ready in few hours.

Thanks once again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solved in 4.0.0! :partying_face: