Malware found in BabylonJS Editor

Hello,

I downloaded Babylon JS months ago to try it out but did not use it after a couple times.

Now I received a message from my AVG Antivirus (running on my Mac) stating that there was malware found inside the BabylonJS Editor. You can check the screenshot down below.

I now deleted BabylonJs editor (mostly because I am not using it right now) but I thought it would be good to warn other people. Has anyone had this aswell? And does someone know how this software can be infected?

1 Like

Adding @julien-moreau but how are you sure this file has not been infected after you have downloaded it?

Hey @Rodricus

That’s really weird that the editor is recognized as a Trojan :frowning:
The question of @Evgeni_Popov makes sense but what I think is that the app is not yet signed and I think this is the issue. I’m having a look right now. Do you have more informations about your antivirus to know why it is thinking it’s a trojan? Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. The antivirus application I’m using doesn’t give me more information then the screenshot I posted. @Evgeni_Popov Indeed it could have been infected after I installed/use it, because I did not used it anymore after my first usage and also did not update it.

1 Like